Helpful information about the transfer of property and your closing in Crossville, TN
To ensure your closing and the transfer of property go as smoothly as possible, there are several steps you must follow. Paramount Title Services in Crossville, TN is here to help. We will provide you with everything you need to know about what to expect at your closing. Contact our title company with any questions.
Follow these directions for a stress-free closing
- Bring your driver’s license or another state issued photo ID (passport, military ID, etc.) so we can make a copy; this is necessary for notary and identification purposes.
- The funds you will need to close must be in the form of a cashier’s or certified check payable to “Paramount Title Services.” If you are outside of the State of Tennessee, funds must be sent via wire transfer. Please call our office for wiring Instructions.
- If you are signing for someone else using a Power of Attorney, the Power of Attorney must be recorded in the county in which the property is located. If it has not been recorded prior to closing, you will need to bring the original for us to record. Once recorded, the original will be returned to you.
- If you are paying off any debt, we will ask for the last 4 digits of your social security number. This will allow us to obtain payoff information from your lenders.
- If you are a business and the property is being transferred into or out of the name of the business, we will need the Resolution authorizing the purchase and designating the representative who will sign closing documents.
- If the property is being transferred to a trust, we will need a copy of the Trust Agreement designating the name of the trust, the Trustees, and their powers.
To discuss transfer of property and your closing, call Paramount Title Services in Crossville today!